It first began with the need to expand the capacity of Changi Airport’s Terminal 1 as well as its open-air carpark. This led to a strategic vision with the conception of Jewel as a gem of a destination, to augment Changi Airport’s position as a leading air hub globally and boost its appeal as a stopover destination for travellers.
The stunning result is a mixed-use development with gardens, attractions, retail, dining, a hotel and facilities to support airport operations. This integration of nature with engineering marvels housed under a striking glass and steel dome is poised to make headlines.
- MIPIM Asia Awards 2016: Best Futura Project
- 2016 International Architecture Award
- MAPIC Awards 2016: Best Futura Shopping Centre
- MAPIC Awards 2019: Special Jury Award
- Singapore Good Design Award Winner 2020: Experience Design
- Singapore Good Design Award Winner 2020: Architecture
A partnership between Changi Airport Group and CapitaLand was forged, resulting in a meaningful collaboration between two truly Singaporean companies and the creation of the country’s next iconic landmark.