Jewel Cookies Policy
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent to your browser by a website that you visit. Cookies hold a small amount of information specific to you, and remember your specific activities on our Platforms.
We use the word “cookies” to include data, text, pixels, clear GIFs, log files, web beacons or other tracing or tracking files or similar technology that are placed on your device when you use our Platforms.
· Strictly necessary cookies: We use these cookies to enable you to use our Platforms’ essential features. These include security cookies which we use to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent usage of login credentials and protect your data. If these cookies are disabled, you may not be able to use our Platforms or some of their features.
· Functionality cookies: We use these cookies to enhance your experience when using our Platforms by storing your preferences, such as your username, region or preferred language.
· Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to monitor the use, measure the effectiveness and improve the performance of our Platforms. Such cookies may be set by third-parties, including:
o Google Analytics: This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to help us monitor how some of our Platforms are used. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of some of our Platforms and prepare reports on the activities undertaken on our Platforms. Google may also share the data with other Google services and use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
The information collected by such cookies is aggregated and cannot be used to personally identify you.
· Other cookies placed by third-parties: Some of our Platforms may contain pages which contain embedded functions, social media tools or links supplied by third-parties (for example, videos may sometimes be embedded from YouTube). These functions or links may contain third-party cookies. Please consult the privacy policies of these third-parties for information regarding the use of their cookies or other automated data collection tools.
Jewel will only use non-essential cookies (i.e. performance cookies, targeting cookies and third-parties’ cookies) if you have given prior consent in accordance with the information contained in the pop-up box of your browser or device when you access a Platform for the first time.
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you must delete your cookies using your browser settings and disable the relevant cookies. Please refer to section 4 below on how to do this.
4. How to manage cookies<
· Through your browser or device: If you prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from us or any of our third-parties, you can do this through your browser settings. Each browser is different, so please refer to your browser’s ‘Help’ menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
· Through the third-parties’ websites:
o Google: If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser. For more information, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.